Hey hey 👋
My name is Ambroise Dhenain.
I'm an entrepreneur, software developer, open source author, and no-code fan.
I'm currently authoring Next Right Now, a boilerplate to build production-grade websites with Next.js and Vercel.
I contribute to open source regularly on GitHub and love asking the right questions on StackOverflow.
I also love to mentor people, and helped half a dozen mentees since 2021.
Besides all that, I’m also co-founder and CTO at Unly.
And, to make sure to never get bored, I also do some consulting on the side, mostly as a tech advisor and no-code expert to help other Makers achieve their goal!
I absolutely love to build. Oh and figure out problems the smart way, too.
Products, games, websites, IoT — I love using my technical skills to build cool & interesting things.
In my spare time, I work on open source projects related to Next.js, TypeScript, Airtable, etc.
I specialize in generalizing.
I love being able to contribute value across different ladders of abstraction, all the way from the highest levels of business strategy down to the lowest levels of implementation details.
My core competency is full stack product development, but my focus on generalizing makes me an ideal early stage co-founder and partner. I dislike working alone, and I’m most motivated by the people around me. I focus on security, maintainability, scalability and I love to KISS.
Combining this passion with the right team and problem space is where you'll find me at my absolute best.
I grew up in Aix en Provence, in the South of France, and fell in love with programming during my childhood.
I studied computer science at Cesi, and I had the chance to experience living abroad in Aarhus, Denmark in 2013. I now live in Lyon, France with my loving wife.
I'm currently co-founder and CTO at Unly, on a mission since 2017 to facilitate access to higher education for everyone.
Since I joined Unly in late 2017, I learned about a ton of things, and most of them aren’t even related to my core skills: Management, HR, recruiting, legal, GDPR, contract, leadership, internal organization, mentoring, product (from design to production), and of course a few deep technical stuff such as Serverless, AWS, Vercel, Next.js and obviously a few well-picked no-code tools (Airtable, Zapier, Integromat, n8n, Stacker and many more).
Here are some of the most noteworthy projects that I've worked on:
- Propulseo - An association which improve employability by financing and mentoring students, through partner companies.
If you would like to finance and/or mentor students through your company, get in touch with me!
- Unly Solidarity - A website for students to find about all the financing solutions at their disposal based on their background and situation (2019)
- We released it during the 2019 Covid crisis to help students during that crazy period
- It’s a product we usually rent to Higher Education institutions (SaaS B2B2C)
- Next Right Now - An open-source boilerplate to help build production-grade websites using Next.js and Vercel (2018)
- Almost all “with-code” websites I’ve built since then use NRN, its “multi single-tenancy” capabilities are core of our everyday business
I’m very much proud of it, as hundreds of developers have found it useful. Although, I have no idea how many of them actually use it as a boilerplate 🤷🏻
- Student Loan Calculator - A web-based tool for students to understand how bank loans work, and what it actually costs (2017)
- It’s a SDK meant to be included in other projects
It’s only relevant for loans made by French banks
- Car controlled by Android Phone - By far the most exciting project I had to chance to work on as a student. (2013, Denmark)
Made with 💕 in Lyon, France